Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dear Relatives,
Our Wadsworth reunion was wonderful. Thank you.

My heart is heavy this morning though as I look at the family trees on FamilySearch. Universally, they are wrong. I could not possibly keep up with the errors I find there - even when people have based their pedigrees on my work.

Please, please, read my book Find Your Actual, Factual Ancestors: A Genealogy Journey in 8 Steps before adding anything to your own pedigree chart or before uploading anything to FamilySearch.

I noticed that even Ancestry.com recommends people go to their family tree section first.  If you do, know that a good share of what you find there is just plain wrong. It is NOT more important to have a long pedigree than it is to have an accurate one.  An inaccurate pedigree does not help you in any way.

My book will help minimize pedigree errors. And it's a beautiful read besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment